Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Final Photos From My 3rd Photo Project Including Artist Statement



Artist Statement
      We all view the world in our walks of life in a hurry while the world speeds by us in a flurry. We are bombarded with sensory from every angle from the moment we wake until we sleep and seldom get the time to notice the little things.
     As a photographer I believe in taking in my surroundings and pulling from it the easily overlooked pieces of beauty seldom seen and often overlooked. I submerge myself into my surroundings and let them saturate my memories. Then I pick them apart and search for my definition of fascination. Something there in the corner of my eye that tried to elude notice must not escape. You see, the faster you move the more fleeting an instant becomes and oh so much more arduous to ensnare. In order to capture a moment in time you must be able to capture something that does not want to be caught. Time halts for nobody but the photographer that is mindfully ready and equipped with a trap specifically designed to apprehend the moment as it passes at the speed of light.
     My choice of subject for this project was sharp edges and corners. The very idea that everything has an edge intrigues me. Most of these edges are hard angled and abrupt when it comes to man made objects but nature tends to have a more “natural” way of doing these things. I focused on the lines that we as people draw with such stark contrast when we create. It was no surprise to find that I was overwhelmed with the amount of acute boundaries we put fourth in our lives. As humans we learn to understand that all things end. We all live with it and accept it as fact. We know it so well that we find ourselves obsessed with the concept to the point of putting it into everything we design. ...And why wouldn't we? It is, in the end, the very same way we were designed.  










No comments:

Post a Comment